Sunday, January 23, 2011

my mother is a cat enabler

If you are one of those people that does not believe animals have distinctive personalities or that a pet can "talk" to his owner by simply looking at them.... well stop reading now because you will never understand this blog!

My mother's cat is Mokie.  Originally she was my mother in law's cat Mo (named after an internet friend) and she lived in Oklahoma.  When Carol found out she was dying, we took Mo to my mother and she became Mo from Oklahoma... Mokie.

Mokie is very spoiled.  Mother gives her fresh dry food every morning, but she always throws away the food still left in the bowl.. So Mokie's food is never more than 24 hrs old.  Mokie prefers fresh running water, so when you are in the bathroom she expects you to turn on the bathtub faucet so she can get a drink.  Doesn't always work that way, but that is what she expects!

Mokie loves tuna juice!  Never had the tuna, just the juice.  She will hear the can opener (non electric!!) from across the house and come running on the hopes that it is tuna juice.  Last night I had tuna for supper, only I had it from the little foil pouches - no juice.  Mokie smelled the tuna and was FURIOUS with me because I didn't give her any juice! After 10 minuets of tail flopping and dirty looks, I got the packet out of the trash and cut it open on two sides.  I set it in her plate, but it was like an open book and it kept flipping shut.  My cats - that wouldn't have stopped!  They would tear into it, butt it with their heads, hold it with their paw - whatever it took to get to that tuna!  Not Mokie.  She stood by her dish and meowed at my mom until mom bent down and held the packet open while Mokie ate.  When Mokie was done she brushed up against mom and sauntered into the bedroom to have a nap.  Mom managed to get herself upright and moved on with her business.  All I can say is I'm glad they have each other!

On another note - to Aron -or anyone else close enough to need this information....
If I ever have to be on a ventilator make them slow it down!!  I don't breathe that fast!  I was trying yesterday to breathe in rhythm with the machine - inhale when it made dad inhale, exhale when it made dad exhale.  I swear I almost passed out!  It reminded me why I did Bradley instead of Lamaze with the girls -- if I pant, I hyperventilate.  In all seriousness - please tell the doctor or respiratory therapist that I have a naturally SLOW breathing rhythm.  I can't imagine what shock my body would go into if I were forced to breathe that fast.  It can't be good!!!!

~staci~

No comments:

Post a Comment