Thursday, January 13, 2011

So much for daily!

Wow!  I'ts been over a week since I wrote in here!  And now you can all see why I never do well with a journal/diary.  The advantage of a blog is that there is not a notebook to loose, and I don't have to find a pen or pencil. As long as I don't forget my password, I can still get in!  Woohoo

Last weekend the Aggies lost... and it just went downhill from there!  This sounds like a sitcom, I know, but this is the true story of how 8 people spent the hours following the A&M loss, and why 24 hours later we didn't even care!

All 4 of the Dillahunty crew went to our friend's home for a Cotton Bowl party.  We cooked pizza, chicken wings, and had all kinds of snacks and goodies.  By the end of the game, Shannon had a phone call in to the doctor because her baby had not eaten or drunk anything significant all day long, but she kept having diarrhea.  Long story short, they decided to take her in to the ER.  This is something I love about my husband - and proof that we have been married FOREVER... Aron and I didn't even have to discuss it, he just said we would stay with their other daughter who was already in bed asleep, so Brian could go with Shannon to Amarillo.   Sooooo glad they agreed (well, it wasn't like we gave them a choice in the matter - we were kind of bossy!).

So CG stays at their house, and I take Madi and Aron back to our house and get a few things -- pajamas and contact juice for me, phone chargers for me and for CG, meds for the morning, toothbrush, etc.  Brian and Shannon start throwing stuff together for their excursion, and I head back to their house with my stuff.  They set off - I don't even know what time... midnight?  So CG and I settle in to spend the night in the living room, Aron and Madi are at home, and Brian and Shannon and sick baby girl are headed to the ER.  All is, ummm, maybe not well, but it is under control and running smoothly!

Then, when they get to the river, Shannon and Brian get a flat tire!  They can't find the jack, so I text Aron that he may have to get up and drive to the river to help them change the flat.  Eventually the jack was located, Aron was put on stand down alert, and the tire was changed.  Now for those of you unfamiliar with the panhandle, it is about an hours drive from Dumas to Amarillo... so after they changed the tire, the one hour trip has become a two hour trip.  Still, stuff happens and you just keep moving forward (I LOVE "Meet the Robinson's!") 

So they are almost to Amarillo - just two miles from the loop exit that will take them to the west side of the city, where the hospitals are, without going through town.  And..... the spare tire gets a flat!  Ah, irony is so mean sometimes!  Apparently the police can not transport people anywhere, regardless of the situation.  They would not take the baby to the ER, but told them an ambulance would have to be called.  Really? An Ambulance?  To take a dehydrated infant less than 10 miles? Well, perhaps Bill Gates could afford that, but a rural church youth minister sure can't!  So I called Aron and after attempting to rouse Amarillo residents on facebook, he put clothes on and prepared to go be a hero.

Aron gets Madi up, grabs a sleeping bag and a couple blankets, and puts her in his car and heads to their house, where CG and I are.  Along the way he gets pulled over for not using a turn signal... (bahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa, oh, that felt good!)  So he drops Madi off, switches cars with me (his has an issue that needs to be checked out before it makes a trip out of town) and heads to Amarillo.

He picks the three of them up, takes them to the ER, and waits in the ER until they admit the baby girl, then he brings Brian home.  It is about 6 am so we gather up children and head home ourselves, where I finally get some sleep (didn't sleep at their house cause I wanted to stay awake and man the phones... glad I did!) for about an hour and a half!  Baby's car seat was still in my car, so I headed back to Amarillo Saturday, and visited with them a bit before we found out that sweet baby girl was going to get to go home!  Yay!  Got home in time to go back to their house and play spades.....BRIAN AND I WON AGAIN!

Sunday was a whole other story, but I need to go eat lunch, so it will have to be a whole other post!

~s~

1 comment:

  1. and the H's were forever great full for being rescued!

    ReplyDelete