Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Well, it is Saturday January 1, 2011, 10:00am and I am the only human awake!  In other words, it is a normal Saturday in the Dillahunty house!  I am excited about having a blog... been wanting to start one for awhile but didn't really know how to do it... big thanks to Jennifer H/S for getting me started!

We rang in the new year with some awesome friends!  I won't post their names because I haven't asked their permission, so lets just call them S (her) and B (him).  Isn't it wonderful when you meet someone and feel like you have known them forever? It is amazing to think that we have known S and B for only about 3 months, but we are already indescribably close!  (yes, I know that indescribably does not look right, but please don't expect correct spellings on this blog... unless Aron posts!) Aron and I really needed good friends.  I have my girlfriends, my Bunco groups, church friends, etc... but we have not had "couple friends" since the Kings moved! God is so good!  We have had a great week going on a double date (Little Fockers is very cute!), playing Spades, and planning a Spring Break ski trip (cross your fingers everybody!)  This is especially exciting for me because it will be the first ever Dillahunty Family vacation!  The girls and I have gone places, and Aron and I have been places both together and on our own, but we have never, in the 14 years and 335 days that we have had children, gone on a vacation as a family!  I am so very very happy!

So last night we ate supper (yummy!) at S and B"s house.  By "we" I mean the whole crew - S, B, their two sweet girls, Madi and CG.  The original plan was to eat, then take our girls home while they put theirs in bed, then head back over to play spades..... but our girls really didn't want to spend New Year's Eve with each other at home, so S and B graciously let them stay.  CG watched B's new "Phantom of the Opera" movie and Madi played squinkies with their oldest daughter, and their baby slept, while the grownups played cards.  As usuall, Aron and S won, and B and I just took our loss as par for the course! Best moments of the night? Watching Aron try to NOT make his "I won, I won, I won!!!" face, and both families (minus the littlest one) crowded around the door watching B try to open a bottle of bubbly.... Aron misheard (perhaps intentionally?) something S said and YELLED out into the night "WHAT? B HAS SYPHILLIS????"  Hahahahahah... Good times!!!  Don't even know what S actually said, but Aron announcing that to the whole neighborhood was just awesome!  Don't know if we will have our usuall Saturday night spades, since we did last night, but we have some awesome memories to start the new year with!

Well my Madi is up, so I guess I better finish up this and then introduce her to the wonders of Punky Brewster - S found me a DVD of the first 8 episodes!  How awesome is that???!!!!
~staci~

No comments:

Post a Comment