Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yup it was a Tuesday!

Short posting tonight = I want to be in bed by 11!

Today was an eh day.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't spectacular either.  My student's brother is still in the hospital, but at least he is where he is getting good medical care!  I don't think McGee (hedgehog) is eating very well... has me concerned. 
Highlights of my day:
I wore a bright pink sweater with Tinkerbell appliqued on it.  The kids usually really like it. Four year olds are soooo honest
boy:  Mrs. D why'd you have to wear that shirt?
me:  what's wrong with my shirt?
boy:  it's Tinkerbelle!
me: yes.....?
boy: but Tinkerbelle is for GIRLS!
me:  well, I'm a girl.
boy:  no you are not!
me: (huge mistake here!  I was asking for it) well then, what am I?
boy: you are old!  you're just a teacher!  lol gotta love em!

2nd highlight
At walmart - phone rings and it says it's my friend Brian soooo....
me:  hello!
phone: (indistinct voice)
me: hello??
phone: (more indistinct voice)
me: (realizing what has happened) Corrin?
phone: YES!
me: hello Corrin!
phone/Corrin: hello! hello!
me: how are you?
Corrin: (not sure what she said but it was a reply)
me: did you have a good day?
Corrin: yes!
me: are you having fun playing on the phone?
Corrin: YES! YES!
me:  does daddy know you have his phone?
Corrin: (huge silence, then...) nooooooo.......

HAHAHAHAHA!  She is awesome!  I love that kid!  She can call me anytime - that made my whole day!

I had Skylar for a bit today and when mom and dad were on their way to pick her up she said "Don't tell my mom...." and my heart skipped a beat!  I was fixing to say "uh-uh Sky!  I don't keep secrets from your mom!" then she finished " Don't tell my mom that I lost another tooth, I want to tell her!"  LOL  I did tell  her I would never keep a secret from her mom, but that wasn't a secret, that was a suprise!  Soooo I sure hope that tooth fairy they had last night is doing a little better tonight or they got a new one!

oh and Aron and Brian's conversation about age and VDs on facebook made me laugh!!!

10:59... I'm gonna make it!!! night!
~staci~

No comments:

Post a Comment